Successfully managing time, tasks, people, and resources can be a challenge! Microsoft Project can help you design a successful project plan and track details across complex projects. In this class, we will demystify all the features and scheduling engine of Microsoft Project. Students will fully understand how to build detailed project schedules, track and update actuals, build great reports, and track all the details of your project in Microsoft Project.
Topics include navigating Project, starting a new project plan and building task schedules, setting resources and assignments, formatting and sharing your plan, and tracking process. We’ll also dedicate time to advanced topics like the scheduling engine, manual and automatic scheduled tasks, fixed duration versus fixed units, advanced resource management, and more. Students will spend time understanding earned value analysis and how to track within MS Project.
You’ve always wanted to understand the intricacies of MS Project – and now you can!
In this Course, You will Learn How to:
- Navigate and customize the MS Project Interface
- Start new Project Plans and build out Task Scheduled – the RIGHT way
- Set up Resources and Assignment
- Format and Share your Report in beautiful compelling ways
- Track Progress on your Plans
- Learn Advanced Task Scheduling Techniques
- FINALLY understand the Project Scheduling Engine!
- Utilize Advanced Resource management functions
- See Resource Capability and Availability
- Use Earned Value Analysis
- Consolidate project and resources
Immediate Benefits of attending this course:
- Obtain a deep understanding of MS Project
- Build detailed project schedules that make sense
- Use the scheduling engine and the “magic formula” to build efficient plans
- Learn how to share your plans with others in great looking formats
- Learn quick ways to progress your plans and track actuals the easy way
- Generate earned value analysis reports for your executives
- Consolidate plans and build master project plans of your entire portfolio!