Captivate Essentials – An Introduction to Captivate 8 is a three – day course designed to teach the core Adobe Captivate skills needed to create interactive eLearning and mLearning content. By following step-by-step instructions, you will learn how to create a soft-skills lesson from scratch. You’ll learn to record and produce software demonstrations, and interactive training simulations. This course will take you through three e-learning projects: a demonstration, a simulation and a SCORM-compliant quiz.
In this Course, You will Learn How to:
- Record demos and sims
- Handle captions, styles and timing
- Work with images and smart shapes
- Use pointers, paths, boxes and buttons
- Use different rollovers and zooms
- Work with audio
- Use video, animation and effects
- Add interactivity
- Work with PowerPoint
- Use Question slides
- Explore Captivate: Navigate a project, explore the Captivate workspace, zoom and magnify a project, and preview a project.
- Create a New Project: Create a blank project and use themes then add images, text and buttons.
- Recording Different Record Actions: Record using multiple modes, custom simulation, demonstrations that pan, and record with a manual pan.
- Use Captions, Styles and Timing: Learn to insert and edit text captions, modify text caption properties, edit the default captions, change the callout used in text caption, control slide and object timing, check spelling, and align objects.
- Import Images and Create Smart Shapes: Transform, insert, resize and restore an image, use the Captivate Library (view, delete and manage unused project assets), work with images (crop, rename, remove background), insert callout, create image mask, delete slide background, work with Photoshop layers and create an image slideshow.
- Pointers, Paths, Boxes and Buttons: Control mouse effects, edit a mouse path, clone an object styles, insert a highlight box, insert an image button, and control timing.
- Rollovers and Zooms: Insert a rollover caption, rollover image, rollover slidelet, and a zoom area.
- Audio: Import audio into a slide object, import background audio, add a slide note, record slide audio, edit the audio, and convert text-to-speech.
- Video, Animation, and Effects: Insert a Flash video & set Flash properties, add animation to a slide, insert text animation, apply an effect to a slide object, and save and import effects.
- Adding Interactivity: Learn how to hide a mouse, replace phrases, insert a click box, and insert a text entry box.
- Working with PowerPoint: Import a presentation, apply changes to all items, edit the presentation, synchronize with source, and rescale a project.
- Introduction to Question Slides: Edit quizzing objects styles, set quiz preferences, apply a them and hide images, and insert & edit question slides.
- Finishing Touches: Create a link to a website, apply a skin that you edited and saved, check your publish setting and then publish SWF, PDF, HTML5. Before creating a HTML5 file run a HTML5 Tracker. Export captions to Microsoft word for a round trip process.
Immediate Benefits of attending this course:
- Know the steps to plan an elearning project
- Understand the best size for an elearning project
- Understand how to design slides in captivate
- Know how to record a demo
- Know how to record an assessment
- Know how to record a training
- Know how to record a custom project
- Know how to import images and smart shapes including using adobe Photoshop
- Know how to fix images without leaving captivate
- Know how to create styles
- Know how to spell check and fix your document
- Know how to create rollover slideets
- Know how to insert a text captions
- Know how to add click boxes
- Know how to add highlight boxes
- Know how to insert rollover captions
- Know how to add text entry boxes
- Know how to create a toc using the skin editor
- Know how to perform “round-trip” to word
- Know how to publish a html5 output