An introduction to Big Data with an emphasis on Apache Hadoop.
This course will provide a technical overview of Apache Hadoop for project managers, business managers and data analysts. Students will understand the overall big data space, technologies involved and will get a detailed overview of Apache Hadoop. The course will expose students to real world use cases to comprehend the capabilities of Apache Hadoop. Students will also learn about YARN and HDFS and how to develop applications and analyze Big Data stored in Apache Hadoop using Apache Pig and Apache Hive. Each topic will provide hands on experience to the students.
The course is developed and taught by certified Hadoop consultants who have a passion for teaching and help deliver value to various clients using Big Data and Hadoop technologies on a daily basis.
Features of this Class:
- Led by experienced Big Data and Hadoop consultants
- Hands on Activities that will immerse you into the capabilities of the Hadoop ecosystem
- Assumes no prior background in Big data
- Material will be designed by a computer science professor using pedagogical techniques to help the student understand the material in an easier manner.
- Provides both foundational and practical knowledge that is essential for successful big data ventures.
- Fast paced introduction to get you up to speed with Big Data.
- Includes materials covered in most Hadoop certification exams
- Labs with practice sessions on a Hadoop cluster
- Will include insights learnt from experience on real projects
- Will include things to do and things not to do with big data projects
20 Immediate Benefits of Participating in this Workshop:
- Learn about the big data ecosystem
- Understand the benefits and ROI you can get from your existing data
- Learn about Hadoop and how it is transforming the workspace
- Learn about MapReduce and Hadoop Distributed File system
- Learn about using Hadoop to identify new business opportunities
- Learn about using Hadoop to improve data management processes
- Learn about using Hadoop to clarify results
- Learn about using Hadoop to expand your data sources
- Learn about scaling your current workflow to handle more users and lower your overall performance cost
- Learn about the various technologies that comprise the Hadoop ecosystem
- Learn how to write a simple map-reduce job from Java or your favorite programming language
- Learn how to use a very simple scripting language to transform your data
- Learn how to use a SQL like declarative language to analyze large quantities of data
- Learn how to connect your existing data warehouse to the Hadoop ecosystem
- Learn how to move your data to the Hadoop ecosystem
- Learn how to move the results of your data analysis to Business Intelligence Tools like Tableaux
- Learn how to automate your workflow using oozie
- Learn about polyglot persistence and identifying the right tool for the right job
- Learn about future trends in Big data and technologies to keep an eye on
- Discover tips and tricks behind successful Hadoop deployments